Every user considers the smartphone display when purchasing a new mobile device. The display screen is supposed to interact with the software and help do various functions. Nowadays, display screens have gone through much advancement, and humans have made flexible screens. Different types of display screens are used in mobile phones.
- TFT LCD or Thin Film Transistor is a technology that is used as most used display units. This is the most common display unit found in mobile devices. This LCD gives you a higher resolution and good image quality. However, there is quite poor visibility in the sunlight. So it is difficult to check the screen in bright light and sunlight.
- IPS-LCD is known as In-Place Switching. This is the next level of TFT-LCD. This provides a wider view and has low power consumption. This helps save battery life. This LCD is costly as compared to the regular TFT LCDs. These are used in high-end smartphones. This is the common type of mobile phone lcds.
- Capacitive touch screen LCD is another type of LCD that is used in mobile phones. This LCD has a layer of glass that is laced with a transparent conductor. An electrostatic field in the LCD is interrupted when a human finger touches the screen. The change in the capacitance or electrostatic field is measured. The phone’s operating system triggers and detects the function and act accordingly.
- OLEDs are quite commonly used in monitors and mobile phones. Organic material is placed between two conducting sheets that act as cathode and anode. These are also placed between a seal or a glass plate and a substrate or glass-bottom plate. The electric pulse passes and applies between these conducting plates. Electroluminescent light is produced from the organic material that is present between sheets.
- AMOLED is known as Active-Matrix Organic Light-Emitting Diode. AMOLED has been growing rapidly. This is quite popular among phone segments. AMOLED screens can help by giving several features, such as proper brightness, better battery life, light in weight, and colour reproduction. It has a brilliant colour reproduction.
- Super AMOLED displays have taken the place of AMOLED displays. Super AMOLED display was primarily used by Samsung. Super AMOLED is made by using touch sensors that are placed on the display area. It creates a spate touch-sensitive later. This is the smartest display technology available in the market. However, this technology is only restricted to Samsung devices.
The bottom line
These are some of the most significant types of LCD technologies used in mobile phones. The best smartphones and mobile phones are those that have sensitive touch LCDs. Different devices use different touch technologies. The mobile phone is in the best of its brand new condition when users purchase them. After they have been using it for a few months, the deterioration of the quality starts to occur. Therefore, you need to maintain the quality of your mobile phones. It is good to check the mobile lcd screen to maintain its quality.